Code of Conduct for JOCK PARTY UK
JOCK is a private members’ club for gay and bisexual males (and male-presenting non-binary) over the age of 18 years.
Your safety is our primary concern. We have firstaiders at every event. If you feel unwell, or spot someone who looks like they need medical help, please let a member of staff know so that we can offer them assistance and first aid as required.
We run all of our events with an underwear or sports kit dress code and expect members to make an effort to comply with this. The only exception to this is JOCK lite where a more relaxed take on the dress code is permitted. Please see our dress code for more details. If you need advice on the outfit you plan to wear, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching any photos which may help us advise. You may be asked to leave if you are not in compliance with the dress code.
- Members should be civil to each other at all times.
- Members should obey, without question, instructions given by JOCK management, JOCK event staff and venue staff. These instructions are most likely for your own safety.
- Members will be required to abide by our dress code for those events where this applies. By default the dress code will be used although in exceptional cases and for some events we may choose to waive the dress code. For example, events branded JOCK LITE’ are taster events and sometimes run with more relaxed dress requirements.
- Members should respect other people and their choices in the club.
- Alert welcomes queer men of all backgrounds, including male presenting non-binary people, and takes a zero tolerance policy to racism, transphobia, biphobia, body-shaming and other forms of discrimination at our events
- Members should understand that only consensual acts between adults are permitted. If someone says ‘no’ then you will respect that decision and abide by it without question. No means no.
- Anyone found to be engaging in non-consensual sex will be removed and may risk prosecution in accordance with UK law.
- Members will abide by other members’ safer sex choices. JOCK promotes safer sex choices and provides access to condoms and latex-friendly lube.
- Members understand that it is illegal to offer sex in exchange for money. We do not allow prostitution (offering sex for financial or material gain). Anyone found breaking this rule will be banned for life and may be prosecuted in accordance with UK Law.
- You will not do anything to anyone else that is against their will or that they are uncomfortable doing. We will remove anyone who does this and they will be banned from the club.
- If anyone tries to do anything to/with you against your will or that you are uncomfortable doing, you should report this immediately to one of the JOCK staff and we will act accordingly. Nobody should be forced to do anything they are not entirely sure about. We take this matter seriously and will eject anyone found to be overstepping the mark.
- The management reserves the right to refuse entry or require you to leave the premises without providing a reason or justification. Under such circumstances, no entry fee paid will be refunded.
- Members should be responsible for any of their possessions which they do not put into the staffed cloakroom for safe keeping. We accept no liability for any damage done to property or clothing whilst at JOCK or any items lost whilst at the venue. These matters are members’ responsibility. We provide a staffed cloakroom for safe deposit of personal items. If you lose your cloakroom docket you may be asked to remain until the end of the night to collect your bag. Please look after your own possessions whilst changing. It is easy to put something down and forget it, so check before you leave the changing areas.
- Please do not use torches (including phone torches) in the venue. If you need more light, ask a member of staff.
- Members should respect and look after the venue and any equipment in the spaces we use.
- Members should respect the staff of the venue and those running the event. You should understand that without them, we would have no space in which to congregate. Politeness costs nothing and will be greatly appreciated by all the staff.
- If you cause damage to any of the club or venue property we reserve the right to ask you to either repair or replace such items as may have been damaged and you agree to do this within 30 days of any such claim being made.
- Members should respect others’ privacy and keep their phone in your pocket or bag. Similarly please do not take photos inside the club. We have authorised photographers at our events and they will always ask your permission before taking your picture.
- Members are bound by the JOCK Photographic Disclaimer, which is displayed prior to entry at every event and is also available on the club website here
- Members should not harass, insult or cause intentional offence to any persons in the venue, whether they are Alert! attendees or not.
- Members should exercise discretion and understand that not everyone wants their attendance here to be known.
- Members should respect our neighbors and enter and leave the building quietly.
- By attending you agree to these rules, which are displayed at the venue for you to read before you enter the club, and are also available on the club website club-alert.com. This code of conduct applies to the any venue, the external smoking areas and the area in the immediate vicinity of the club.
- We have a zero-tolerance attitude to drugs and reserve the right to search bags or clothing at any time. Anyone found dealing drugs will be reported to the police. Venue-specific rules, licence requirements and English Law should be followed in addition to these event conditions of entry.
The name “JOCK”, “JOCK PARTY” “JOCK LITE” “LUBED” and associated logo apply to the JOCK private members’ club run by MJ EVENTS AND PROMOTIONS LIMITED.,
We reserve the right to change the date, location or entry price of any event, however, will endeavor to give as much notice as possible of any changes to published arrangements.
If you have any questions or queries please e-mail email@example.com
Please respect the privacy of others and do not take photos at JOCK
During the course of the night, we may take photographs for use on our website or in other promotional material. By entering the venue you are agreeing to have your image taken, recorded, stored and reproduced. If you don’t wish to have your photo taken please inform the photographer
We endeavor to ask before we take anyone’s photo but if we publish a picture of you which you would like us to remove please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or queries please e-mail email@example.com
If you cannot or will not agree to these conditions you will be denied entry and asked to return your card. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions regularly as they may have changed.
MOBILE PHONE POLICY
Please respect the privacy of others and keep your mobile phone in your pocket or bag. If you want to use your phone please do so in Reception or outside the venue. This is not compulsory but highly encouraged through respect for other members